Notice of Race
Oswego County Hospice Cup Regatta
Solstice Saturday, June 18, 2016
This event is organized by the
Friends of Oswego County Hospice, Inc.
in conjunction with the
Oswego Yacht Club
RULES AND ADVERTISING
- The regatta is governed by the rules as defined in The of Racing Rules of Sailing and the rules of PHRF LO.
- Advertising will conform to the current World Sailing Regulation 20.
ELIGIBILITY, ENTRY AND FEES
- For entry, a PHRF LO Rating Certificate is required or, be a boat that is eligible to be issued one. When a certificate is not available a handicap rating will be assigned by the Organizing Authority’s handicap committee.
- Entries will be divided into PHRF Spinnaker (FS), and PHRF Non Spinnaker (NFS).
- Four (4) entries are required to constitute a Division in a Fleet.
- Boats not eligible for a PHRF LO Certificate may enter at the discretion of the Organizing Authority.
- Discounted entry fee of $75 (includes 2 Dinner Tickets) if received before June 11th, 2016. After June 11th , fee is $85 (includes 2 Dinner Tickets).
SCHEDULE AND REGISTRATION
- Registration forms will be available at oswegoyachtclub.org and at OYC website and at the OYC.
- Completed registration forms may be mailed to Oswego Yacht Club, PO Box 13, Oswego, NY 13126.
- Registration may also be completed Friday, June 17th between 1700-2000 or June 18th between 0730-0800 at the Oswego Yacht Club.
- There will be a competitors meeting at 0830 on Saturday, June 18th at OYC.
- The warning signal for the first race will be made at 1000 hours on Saturday, June 18,
- Three (3) races are scheduled. One (1) race will constitute a series.
- If no races are completed on Saturday June 18th, the Organization Authority has the discretion to reschedule races for Sunday June 19th.
SAILING INSTRUCTIONS, THE COURSES and SCORING
- Sailing Instructions will be available at the Oswego Yacht Club during registration. The Sailing Instructions will be available on line at www.oswegoyachtclub.org on or at OYC about May 14th.
- Scoring will be the low point system except, a boat’s score will be determined by her corrected finish time, using the PHRF-LO Handicapping System and Time on Time scoring method. No score will be excluded. This changes Appendix A2 and A4.
- Courses will be windward/leeward using drop marks.
DOCKING, RADIO COMMUNICATION AND PRIZES
- Free docking is available at the OYC dock with one overnight stay.
- The race committee will use VHF radio channel 06 to communicate to the fleet.
- Flags will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each Division and to the “Overall Winner” of the PHRF Spinnaker Fleet.
- The “Overall Winner” of the PHRF Spinnaker Fleet is eligible to compete in the 2017 Hospice
- Regattas National Championship location as yet to be determined. If no races are completed the Organizing Authority has discretion to determine who is eligible to compete in the 2017 Hospice Regattas National Championship.
Winning the Oswego County Hospice Cup Regatta brings with it the opportunity to represent Oswego County at the Hospice Regattas National Championship in Rochester, NY in 2016..
As most of you know, the entry fee for this event is $500, and more than a few of our past winners and regatta participants have expressed concern that this fee is a detriment to their participation.
You can help underwrite the cost for the Hospice Regatta winner by making a contribution that will be used to reduce the entry cost for the national race. This contribution can be made by entering the amount of your donation on the registration form.
The amount of money contributed will be announced during this year’s awards ceremony.
Thank you for your generosity and support for your fellow racers.
The Oswego Yacht Club is pleased to host this regatta in association with Oswego County Hospice.
The event attracts between 20 and 30 PHRF and one design boats and with the winner qualifying for the 2016 National Hospice Regatta Alliance Championship. Hank Stuart along with his wife Mary have again generously offered to serve as PRO.
After a fun day of racing stay and enjoy the dinner, drinks and live music.
This important event is one of the leading fundraisers for Oswego County Hospice with proceeds going to such services as patient, family and bereavement support, Camp Rainbow of Hope and the Hospice Volunteer Program.
Thank you in advance for your support and hope to see you there!